Monday, September 27, 2010

wedding thingies

Might come as a surprise to my friends but I want my wedding to be very simple. Maybe because this is how I want to bid goodbye to my fun and fancy single-life. I want our wedding to be minimal up to the tiniest detail. Quaint church, intimate reception, plain gown, just downright simple! Also, I just can't believe how weddings have become very complicated and elaborate these days and although following the trend is nice and all, I'm straying away from that.

First of all, me and H2B are not a wealthy couple. Yup, we are not rich. We consider ourselves "not rich" and you can't convince us that we are well-off no matter what you say. Haha! And while we want our wedding to be very special and we are tempted to go off our tabs just to make that happen, it all boils down to one point - we are not rich.

Aside from budget constraints, I don't believe in spending the money that you still don't have. I can understand why some couples would want to get a loan just to have their dream wedding. That's their choice and I am not at all against it. Let's admit it, once you're into the wedding planning, you will move heaven and Earth just to have the most beautiful wedding because this is a once-in-a-lifetime event and it's a very important milestone in our lives. I also have to admit, as a recovering shopaholic with a fancy for the beautiful and pricey things, I am tempted to spend all of my moolah including H2B's up to the very last cent but I have to control myself... This is a personal test of how mature I am now. I can't act like I've been acting before. I'm getting married and will start a family for Pete's sake! I need to grow up and it starts with holding on to my emotions when I am tempted to splurge on our wedding. Haha!

Have you also been researching on all things weddings these days? OMG!!! Since when did we need to have a "Will you be" card and gift? I thought you just need to have a nice lovely chat with your friends and tell them that you want them to be part of your entourage? And who invented "Save-the-Date" card and video? This is just adding up to an already stressful wedding planning! Sure they are all so very nice and pretty to have but what about us who can't afford these things? We are being left out here with all these inventions that people are doing just to earn money. I really need to hold on to myself and not be tempted to spend on these insignificant things (sorry. we all have our own opinions). If ever I'm convinced that I need these things (because these stuff are really tempting especially because everybody have them), I promise that I will not spend a dime (or at least not spend my H2B's money).

So there, after seeing countless photos and videos of beautiful weddings, I swear that when I'm tempted to go the Manila Cathedral+Sofitel or St James Alabang+Bellevue route, I will remember the reasons why once in my life, I swore on a the simplest wedding. Anyway, love is not complicated so why will I complicate our happily-ever-after?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment