Sunday, September 26, 2010

almost booked!

614 days to go!!! It's still so far away but sometimes, I get so very much tempted to book suppliers already. I was at the Themes and Motifs wedding expo at the SMX convention last Saturday, September 25 and I almost book a video, photo and invites supplier. I couldn't help myself! Good thing, I remembered to consult things first with H2B since it's his money anyways.Haha!

I was ready to give the 10K downpayment to Phoeben Teocson videography. I actually had the chance to talk to him in the bridal fair. He seemed very humble and friendly. The rates are still the same as what he have in his website but he gives out more than 10K worth of freebies. As soon as I knew that a crane will be part of the freebies, I was sold. I saw his works online and both H2B and I are impressed! And the crane, oh the crane!!! Me likey!!! We we're actually quite sure that we want him to cover our wedding even if we haven't browsed all the other videographers out there so, why not give him 10K and lock the price and block the date?

I also almost booked Chito Vecina and Ramon Bautista as our photographers. Their are actually seasoned photographers and they both have worked for Inquirer and covered the weddings of celebrities like Claudine Barreto and Cheska Garcia. Chito's style is more on photojourn while Ramon's is more fashion-y. They actually have different teams but they have collaborated only for the expo. Their photo+video packages are also very affordable considering their talents and experience. I guess the drawback is that I haven't heard of their names in the wedding forums but they have explained to me that it's only recently that they are concentrating on wedding photography as a business; they we're inspired with the different celebrity weddings that they have covered. Plus, let's admit it. Wedding planning is becoming an industry already. *sigh

Even with all that pros for Chito  and Ramon, I'm actually half-hearted yet because I also like Paul Vincent. He was also recommended of my very close, photo-enthusiast friends. My friends actually regret getting NicePrint and not getting Paul Vincent instead. I trust my friends and I've seen the works of Paul Vincent and me and H2B both liked it so much! I also saw him in the expo and I have the same feelings when I saw Phoeben, I was starstruck. The person behind the pictures and videos I've been drooling on are actually right in front of my face! They are both very talented individuals and I as soon as I saw thier works, I'm already a big fan. I want to book him too!!! Haha!

As for the invites, I actually talked to Wingdingz and Printed Matter. Wingdingz have very fresh yet elegant invites and the girl I've been chatting was so chica! Their prices are also affordable but then, I am really not particular with the invites. I've made invites for my own debut, both my sisters debut and even for the debut of H2B's sisters so I was thinking of having the invites diy-ed by myself. Then I spotted Printed matter and they have invites for as low as 3K - 100 invites! WOW!!! Now, that's cheap. When I saw the actual P30-invite, it's not bad at all. Very simple yet not cheap-looking... exactly what I have in mind. I was also thinking that maybe I won't have the time to diy the invites later on and 3K for the invites is actually not bad at all! And Kerwin is very nice to talk to. Very straightforward, no BS rapport-building whatever.

So then come next day, H2B and I Skype-d to discuss what happened at the expo and unfortunately, he said no to all of the above. Actually, he said yes to Phoeben but took it back later on. He thinks that it's too early to book since we don't have the church and the reception yet. And what does a good wife-to-be do than to SUBMIT. *sigh   I really wanted to lock the price already but I just had to submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment