Monday, September 13, 2010

reality check: go back to square 1 and keep all options open

All of us wants to have that "Dream Wedding" but with the current economic situation and time constraints, its difficult to make your dream come true.

As I excitedly narate the progress of my research on all things wedding to H2B, I was wondering why he's half-happy and half-worried (?). I still continue with my story about all these wedding details because usually, it cheers him up. He gave me all the creative-freedom to make our wedding the kind that we and our loved ones would pleasantly remember. After a few minutes of talking about all these little knicks and knacks that I want for our wedding, he was still a little zoned-out. I thought he was just tired from the day's work but later on he said "I'm happy and excited. I like all your ideas. Keep doing that so I'll only need to worry about the expenses." So there.

I'm guilty. I never thought about the expenses. I just give him the numbers and entertain him with all these beautiful wedding ideas while he silently worries about our budget. I feel so bad but I still put on my mega-watt smile and offered to compute and figure it out. We don't need a lot of calculations, we know, our funds are not enough. I guess, this was the convincing that H2B neeeds, to consider civil wedding first. I've been telling him about this because I couldn't wait for two long years. We've been bf/gf  for 9 years already. I don't want to wait for 2 to 3 years more to finally be with him so I was insisting on a civil wedding first due to insufficient funds. But, he don't want to settle so we compromised to 2 years, a nice church wedding.

I was telling him yesterday that I will go to the church today and ask for the availability of the date we want, terms of payment and what have you. I told him, if my cash is enough, I'll reserve the church pronto. I guess that was the reality check we needed. It'll be less than two years from now and as we compute for our future earnings and savings versus expenses, there's a big disconnect - it's scary.

So now, we are back to square 1. Church or Civil? Date?

take it easy,
W2B

No comments:

Post a Comment